The Black Keys/Arctic Monkeys
I was lucky enough to see this show twice with Emily… First on March 10th in Philadelphia and second on March 22nd at Madison Square Garden. I’m really late making this post so I won’t go into extreme detail but I did want to have a post that summed everything up and what not.
- Before the show we had a massive sing (more like scream) a-long in Emily’s car to The Best Songs…I remember What Dreams Are Made Of, Baba O’Riley, No One Loves Me & Neither Do I…everyone tailgating in the parking lot judged us so hard omg
- We managed to capture our faces the second the lights went out for the Arctic Monkeys…self-explanatory
- Singing to R U Mine? was The Most Fun Thing
- Emily died
- Then the Black Keys came on and I swear I just sat there like <3_____<3 for an hour and a half
- They were wonderful sigh. Everlasting Light was the best thing. That disco ball going around and lighting up the whole place is literally the definition of an Emotional Music Experience.
- When they played Ramble On on the PA afterward Emily and I sang so loudly and were really obnoxious and everyone was staring at us as they were leaving but it was hilarious…one guy came up to us and yelled ZEPPELIN!!! and omg we never stopped laughing
- I won’t bother with more because there’s more to say about MSG???
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SHOW!
- It’s already well established that I’m madly in love with MSG and that stupid roof
- Emily and I had great seats for getting them so last minute and oh man the crowd was so much better this time around, everyone was dancing for AM and we did a major headbang for Don’t Sit Down Cause I’ve Moved Your Chair and it was great
- The Black Keys seemed much more relaxed to be playing MSG and Dan talked more than I’ve ever heard before, he kept saying things like “Oh, you guys again??” and ahhhhh he is perfect
- This was WITHOUT A DOUBT the best crowd I’ve ever been in. All of MSG was on its feet the entire time and everyone was dancing the whole time. It reeked of pot but it was just so much goddamn fun, I didn’t stop dancing the whole time and it truly felt like a little club of people dancing and having a great time during the show. It was really amazing.
- Everlasting Light on the MSG roof ;~; THE ACTUAL DEFINITION OF FEELINGS
- There are more pictures of both of these shows on my phone that I should really upload huh
- WELL ANYWAY we went back to my dorm after the show and hung out with Sarah the next day and it was just a really great weekend but it was some of the worst post-concert depression I’ve ever had hahaha
- I’M SO IN LOVE WITH THE BLACK KEYS ;~;